Spiced Chocolate Martinis:
- 200ml gin or vodka (I prefer a flavoured vodka like Absolut mandarin)
- 50g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 100ml chocolate liqueur (Try Black Mozart)
- Cinnamon stick (or a sprinkle of ground)
- a little freshly grated nutmeg
Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (in a bowl over, but not touching, simmering water) with the cinnamon.
Pour into a jug into the chocolate liqueur and vodka/gin whisking briskly until it’s all smooth and blended in nicely (a good way to make sure the chocolate doesn’t seize is to make sure your alcohol is room temperature and that you’re pouring hot into cold while whisking and not the other way round.)
For each cocktail shake 100ml of the mixture with a handful of crushed ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with orange zest and a sprinkle of nutmeg.