Mango Vodka Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/2 cup Absolut vodka
What do to
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and finely chop mango. Marinate mango in the vodka (use enough to cover completely) for 1/2 hour or more. Drain but save the juice for cocktails!
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in extract.
- Add flour & milk, alternately, to sugar mixture.
- Fill 12 cupcake liners with 1 heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mango to each cupcake.
- Top each with another heaving tablespoon of batter. Add more batter to each to fill liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes are done.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely before icing.