Expresso Jello Shot
- 1 cup brewed dark roast coffee or espresso
- 2 1/2 envelopes Knox gelatin (or 3 if jelly shots will be sitting out for an extended period)
- 1/3 cup espresso flavored vodka (we used Van Gogh Double Espresso, which was quite nice, but feel free to use your favorite …)
- 1/3 cup vanilla flavored vodka
- 1/3 cup Kahlua coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 tsp agave nectar or simple syrup (if desired)
- 1 - 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Crème liqueur (if desired)
Pour coffee/espresso into small saucepan. Sprinkle with gelatin and allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat, and add the vodkas and Kahlua, stirring well to combine. Taste and add agave nectar/simple syrup if desired.
If making dual-level jelly shots, divide the jelly shot mixture equally into two bowls. Add 1-2 tbsp Baileys to one of the bowls. Spoon a teaspoon of the Baileys mixture into 4 of the mold cavities, then spoon a teaspoon of the espresso jelly shot mixture into 4 additional cavities. Refrigerate until set, about 3 minutes, inverting the mold on one end to create an angled layer.
When set, remove from refrigerator and fill with the alternate jelly shot mixture. You will have 7 mold cavities remaining, fill these with the remaining espresso and the Bailey’s mixtures.